What is a Toolbox? It is a box filled with different coping strategies and techniques, self-care items, soothing products and tools to use during a hard or difficult time.
We have designed a Teens Toolbox as we think it is important to encourage good mental health and wellbeing in such an important time of their lives. We have selected a variety of resources and products that will help teens to;
- Develop healthy coping strategies
- Develop emotional awareness and strategies to cope with emotions and stress
- Explore their senses through a range of sensory based products. This will encourage play, their imagination, problem solving skills, curiosity and exploration
- Practice mindfulness
- Practice self-care
- Help communicate their needs and encourage conversations around their mental health and wellbeing
- And so much more
Teens Toolbox includes -
- Strategy Cards
- Temporary Tattoo Pack - Colour Them In!
- Ice Cube Tray
- Reversible Mood Plush
- Tea Bags from Tea Tonic
- Wrist Band from Zox
- Zine from Tilly and Type
- One of our favourite fidget toys
- Option between - Colouring Book, Puzzle Book or Diamond Art
- Option between - Slime from Honeybee, Scented Dough Pod from Are You Ok Shop or Super Sand
Add a personalised card (from Brooklyn Bee Designs) to any order for $4 or we can include a short message on a white sticker.
If you have any preferences (colour, scent, taste etc.), allergies or have any triggers we should know about when packing your order, please let us know. We are happy to make adjustments!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE DEVELOPS AT DIFFERENT AGES AND STAGES! THIS BOX IS RECCOMENDED FOR AGES 6+ BUT CAN BE A GREAT BOX FOR THOSE WITH A DISABILITY AS WELL! PLEASE TALK TO US IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION!
Our boxes should be used in line with your mental health care professional and should not be relied on. Each item was recommended or tested by someone with lived experience and has helped them alongside their mental health care professionals advice.