What is a Toolbox? It is a box filled with different coping strategies and techniques, self-care items, soothing products and tools to use during a hard or difficult time.
Composed of evidence-based strategies from Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), the Distraction Toolbox offers an array of helpful coping strategies for those difficult times. We highly suggest that these tools and methods are employed under the direction of a mental health professional. Every item featured was carefully chosen based on DBTs guiding principles.**
Distraction Toolbox includes -
- 100 Things To Do On Tough Days Book from A Dose of Reminders
- 2 Fidget Toys - chosen at random*
- Bubbles - Small
- Colouring Book*
- Grounding Technique Magnets - All
- Ice Cube Tray*
- Lolly Bag - Sour lollies will be included
- Punch Balloon - Two pack*
- Rainbow Scratch Paper - A4 Book
Optional add ons -
- Strategy Cards
- Wrist Band
- Personalised card from Two Brides Presents or a free message on a plain sticker.
If you have any preferences (colour, scent, taste etc.), allergies or have any triggers we should know about when packing your order, please let us know. We are happy to make adjustments!
* Picked at random! If you have a preference, please leave us a note and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
**Disclaimer - For Your Mind Boxes strongly recommends that our boxes are used alongside with your mental health care professional. Our boxes are an assistive tool that can assist and support your Mental Health but should not be relied on. Each item was recommended or tested by someone with lived experience and has helped them alongside their mental health care professionals advice.