What is a Toolbox? It is a box filled with different coping strategies and techniques, self-care items, soothing products and tools to use during a hard or difficult time.
We have designed a Children's Toolbox as we think it is important to start conversations around good Mental Health from a young age. We have selected a variety of resources and products that will help children to;
- Develop healthy coping strategies
- Develop emotional awareness and strategies to cope with emotions and stress
- Explore their senses through a range of sensory based products. This will encourage play, their imagination, problem solving skills, curiosity and exploartion
- Practice mindfulness
- Practive self-care
- Help communicate their needs
- And so much more
Children's Toolbox includes -
- Strategy Cards
- Reversible Mood Plush
- Conversation Cards from Positive Mind Open Heart
- Kids Mindfulness Journal from Positive Mind Open Heart
- Traffic Light Flip from Junior Learning
- Punch Balloon
- One of our favourite fidget toys
- Option between - Make a Face Acrylic Board from PPJ & Co, Emotion Wheel from Positive Mind Open Heart, Feeling Flip Chart from Junior Learning or Emotion Dominoes from Junior Learning
- Option between - Slime from Honeybee, Scented Dough Pod from Are You Ok Shop or Super Sand
Add a personalised card (from Brooklyn Bee Designs) to any order for $4 or we can include a short message on a white sticker.
If you have any preferences (colour, scent, taste etc.), allergies or have any triggers we should know about when packing your order, please let us know. We are happy to make adjustments!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE DEVELOPS AT DIFFERENT AGES AND STAGES! THIS BOX IS RECCOMENDED FOR AGES 6+ BUT CAN BE A GREAT BOX FOR THOSE WITH A DISABILITY AS WELL! PLEASE TALK TO US IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION!
Our boxes should be used in line with your mental health care professional and should not be relied on. Each item was recommended or tested by someone with lived experience and has helped them alongside their mental health care professionals advice.